Sunshine Coast Council
Council aims to create a dynamic business environment that secures prosperity through sustainable growth and continues to add to the Sunshine Coast’s high quality of life.
The Sunshine Coast region has a diverse and buoyant economy ranging from tourism, manufacturing and agriculture to aviation and environmental technologies. The region has a Gross Regional Product (GRP) estimated at $10 billion (2008). This has contributed greatly to Queensland’s economy, which has been Australia’s fastest growing economy for more than 10 years.
Council plays a key role in developing the right factors for businesses to start up, grow and expand.
The key objectives are:
- creating the right climate and environment for business growth using the regional competitive advantages
- ensuring the development of necessary infrastructure to facilitate employment in a digital economy
- diversifying the economy by identifying future employment types to maintain high and stable levels of employment
- ensuring development enhances quality of life and contributes to sustainable communities
- encouraging enterprise and innovation
- raising the skills of local people.
The Sunshine Coast is more than a place to do business – it’s a lifestyle choice.
Click here for more informationVisit supporter website